Summer ante boldu endalu..chaala thristy untam all the time. This season lo battalu and hair eh kaadu, we also have to follow certain things to keep our health safe and sound. Water is very important and we have to keep drinking as much of it as possible. Other than this, there are a lot of other food items that we need to keep in mind.
1. Watermelon, MuskmelonHave them as fruits or as juices or milkshakes! Their water content is extremely high and will keep us cool and full and healthy too.
2. Curd or buttermilkThey are the best coolants anyday and everyday. Make sure to have it not just this summer but also every single day.
3. Sorakaya or Bottle GuardThis is definitely not everyone’s favorite but it is very tasty and healthy. It’s rich in calcium, magnesium, Vitamin A and C. It works amazing for weightloss, blood purification and cools down our bodies.
4. OrangesThe sweet citrus fruit is rich in potassium, a nutrient that’s crucial in the summer. A lot of potassium is lost in the form of sweat and this will keep us back on track and fit too.
5. CucumberThis is another water filled food that has to be consumed and is certainly helping us to keep our weights in control and body temperature too. it also contains a lot of fibre keeping constipation problems away.
6. Green VegetablesThough green vegetables are good to have round the year, it is good to have lots of them during the summer months because they have a high water content.
7. OnionsThey have amazing cooling properties. You can add it to your curries, dips, raitas, salads and chutneys to help keep you cool. The red onions, in particular, are very rich in quercetin, which is a natural anti-allergen. Having lots of onions can provide you protection against sunstroke.
8. Lime WaterThis helps us beat the head and keeps us chill. We can have it sweet or salty or with some black salt and cumin powder too.
9. Strawberries, ApplesThey contain a lot of nutrients that helps our body fight against disease causing bacteria and their water content will keep us calm and cool in summer.
10. Coconut WaterThis again consists of a lot of potassium and can revive your energy after a tiring day.