Sandeep Reddy Vanga man who made two films which became a game changer in respective languages and industries. Well, I don’t need to mention those movie names I think. When Sandeep delivered his first baby ‘Arjun Reddy’ at the box office some critics and people in Telugu states had pains. Vice-versa, when Sandeep delivered his differential twin baby ‘Kabir Singh’ at the box office some people in Bollywood, had the same pains.
But this time it is a mob attack in the name of pseudo-feminism, toxic masculinity, rape culture and etc, etc. Above all Kabir Singh movie made it big at the box office thrashing all previous records aside.
Now it’s time for Sandeep Reddy Vanga, to give it back. And he does with his recent interview with Film Companion and he nailed it. What Sandeep spoke is brilliant and bold.
Just check out a few statements and hard-hitting lines he threw at few people he wants to.
1.”People get angry, When you question their belief system”
2. “On a softer tone, they are parasites.” (About critics)
3. “If you don’t have the liberty of slapping each other. Then I don’t see anything in love.”
4. “He gave two points for my film. So the audience gave 200 crores.”
5. Piracy is curiosity, but criticism and pseudo-feminism is a threat to the industry.”
6. “The Guys who’re using ‘Rape Culture’ word don’t even know the spelling of it.”
7. “A Filmmaker’s intellect is directly proportional to the audience, that’s why Interstellar didn’t work in India.”
8. “I have seen girls and women saying that they need a boyfriend like Arjun Reddy or Kabir Singh.”
9. “I always take anger as a purest emotion. The more sincere you are the more angry you are.”
10. I hope there will be more Preethi in this World.
“I Chose ‘Arjun Reddy’ as a movie title after my son’s name and I have to bare his anger and everything if he’s also same like Arjun Reddy.”
Watch his full interview here: