Yuvraj Singh ante…6 sixers, world cup match, hitting machine, aggression and ilantivi chaala gurthosthay. Before going any further let us stand up today and be proud of him for fighting with a phrase of life and coming back with a bang. Also Congratulations to him and his wife and also wishing them tons of smiles and happiness together. This man gurinchi manaki chaala telsu but let us look at a few things on this occasion that we might’ve missed knowing about him. “The Test of My Life : From Cricket to Cancer and Back”- this is his autobiography!
1. Yuvraj Singh’s father, Yograj Singh is a former Indian right-arm-fast-medium bowler and also an Actor. Some famous movies are, Singh is Bling, Bhaag Milka Bhaag, Love Punjab etc.,
2. Yuvraj was an ardent fan of tennis and roller skating. He was so good at his chosen craft, roller skating, that he won the National U-14 Roller Skating Championship.
3. In the beginning of cricket training, Yograj Singh had asked Navjot Singh Siddhu to train his son with cricket and Yuvraj was so bad at batting that he got bowled on a full toss delivery after which even Siddhu had given up hopes. Today, we know him as a great batsman! Life is such an irony.
4. It is known to only a few that yuvraj appeared as a child in a Film. The scene he did for the film shows him running, and the surprising part is that it was directed by Yuvraj himself. Yuvi confessed that he loves acting but is not good at it.
5. There is a reason as to why Yuvraj Singh wears the number 12 jersey on the field. His date of birth is December 12, which co-incidentally is also the twelfth month of the year. Yuvraj considers number 12 as his lucky number.
6. Yuvraj Singh has also been part of an animated Bollywood film Jumbo, produced by Akshay Kumar. While Akshay became the voice of Jumbo, the elephant, in the Hindi version of the film, Yuvraj did so for the Punjabi version.
7. He had and also will have huge success in every field he chooses to enter. But there was time when he battled life and death. He revealed that while he was playing ICC World Cup 2011, he had no idea that he was suffering from the dreadful disease. Then came the IPL, but Yuvi continued to ignore the feeling of being sick. It was one day, he saw a doctor and a 14 cm tumor was detected above his left lung. Yuvi was worried about his mother during his days of battling the cancer. Treatment done at the right time and also his positive energy and self-motivation helped him recover and got his health back on track.
8. Post his recovery, Yuvi has started YouWeCan, an initiative to help cancer patients across the globe.
9. India won the ICC U19 World Cup in 2000 under the leadership of Mohammad Kaif. Yuvraj Singh was the star of the tournament as he shone with both ball and the bat. And the nhe made his way to the team with a red carpet!
10. He had won many awards on field for his brilliance on the field with the bat and ball.
11. Yuvraj given the Arjuna Award, India’s second highest sporting award, in the year 2012 by the President of India Pranab Mukherjee. In 2014, he was awarded the Padma Shri, India’s fourth highest civilian honour.
12. T20 or ODI or tests or IPL, he is a blaster. We are waiting for him to strike back with another set of 6 sixers.