Contributed by Vennela Lakumalla
Honey has been used by countless cultures all around the world over the past 2,500 years. While the numerous health benefits of honey have made it an important element of traditional medicines such as Ayurvedic treatments, scientists are also researching its benefits in relation to modern medicine, particularly in the healing of wounds.But what makes honey so popular? Most likely, it is the ease with which it can be consumed. One can eat it directly, put it on bread like a jam, mix it with juice or any drink instead of sugar, or mix it with warm water, lime juice, cinnamon, and other herbs to make a medicine. It is savoured by all due to its taste as well as health benefits, making it extremely useful and versatile.
1. Recent research has shown that honey is an excellent ergogenic aid and helps in boosting the performance of athletes
2. It contains a variety of vitamins and minerals.
3. It has anti-bacterial and anti-fungal properties, so it is often used as a natural antiseptic in traditional medicines.
4. Honey is a rich source of phenols and other antioxidant compounds. Many of these have been linked to a reduced risk of heart disease
5. It speeds up the healing process by stimulating wound tissues.
6. It Strengthens Immune system.
7. Honey burns body fat even while when you are sleeping. It is one of the best foods for losing weight
8. Using Honey for skin is very useful because of its moisturizing and nourishing properties.
9. Honey is known to be one of the best home remedies for dry cough as well as wet cough.
10. Honey is one of the best natural home remedies for dandruff. It not only provides nourishment to dry hair but it also gives you smooth and soft hair.
11. Honey is a natural anti-bacterium and anti-septic that helps to clear the infections and reduce inflammations.
12. Honey is known as an excellent source of natural energy as the natural unprocessed sugar present in it enters the bloodstream directly and this in turn can give a quick boost of energy.
Honey has an everlasting shelf life. It is said to never spoil and hence can be consumed long after its mentioned expiry date. The chemical compound of honey enables it to be free from bacteria and hence one can relish it whenever you want.