Earlier today, Uber announced something we never knew we wanted. “UberMOTO”, a service which will allow customers to get a bike ride instead of the traditional taxi service. The services which are to be initially introduced in Bengaluru, will in a phased manner come to other cities of India.
The process involved is pretty regular :
- Choose the UberMOTO option in your Uber app. Enter your pickup location and request your ride
- We’ll show you your driver’s details straight away – name, photo and the details of the motorbike
- All riders and drivers have to wear a helmet in Bangalore by law. Wear the helmet provided by your uberMOTO driver and put on the strap for your safety
- Uber’s standard product safety features are in place before, during and after every trip, including GPS tracking, 2-way feedback and the ability to share trip details with family and friends.
- At the end of the trip, you can choose to pay through any of our payment options – including CASH.
At launch uberMOTO will be available in the below areas between 7AM and 9PM, with fares as low as ₹3/KM*. We will continue to extend uberMOTO’s coverage over time.
According to Uber’s blog, “UberMOTO is another step to help cut congestion in Bengaluru by getting people out of cars when they don’t need to use them, and by encouraging motorbike drivers to share their ride. It follows the launch of Uber’s carpooling service, which is designed to get more people into fewer cars by using today’s transportation infrastructure more efficiently.”
And yes the FirstRide is Free..!!