Bike-sharing uberMoto will provide last mile connectivity to Hyderabad Metro Rail and also to the citizens who can opt for affordable transportation for short distances. Hyderabad is the 3rd city in India to get two-wheeler Taxi Service. Not just this, Uber and Hyderabad Metro Rail Limited have signed a memorandum of understanding to help extend the reach of the metro using uberMOTO.
These services have been designed for shorter distances that people have to travel.
• This service is going to start on January 2017.
• The cost being, Rs. 20 for the first 3 kms and Rs. 5 per kilometer thereafter.
• The bike taxi which comprises of Scooty and motorbikes will have a uniformed driver which can be booked via the smartphone Uber app.
• Presently, there are only male drivers in the bike taxi but Uber states that they are open to recruiting female drivers also.
• The product was flagged off by chief minister K Chandrashekar Rao and IT minister K.T.R. along with the founder and CEO of Uber, Travis Kalanick rode the bike for a first-hand experience.
• They have all together recorded a mannequin video and KTR is the first politician to have got featured in a mannequin video as such!