Hello foodies!!! Manam entho istapadi tine Pizza gurichina miku telusa? Asalu eppudu yekkada ela start ayyindo, daniki aa peru ala vachindo… asalu thin crust tho tasty ga unde Pizza lantidi marokati ledu… ee Pizza interesting facts chadivite will make you fall in love with pizza even more, enti nammara?? Come on… build your appetite.
- The word “Pizza” was first documented around 997AD in Gaeta, Italy. After that, the name started to spread to different parts of central and southern Italy.
- There is a technical term for the crust of the pizza. It is known as “cornicione”.
- Pizza is basically an ancient Greeks and Egyptian food where a flatbread was cooked with toppings of olive oil and spices. It was in the late 18th century when Italians evolved the dish by adding tomatoes in it.
- In 1835, Alexandre Dumas, author of ‘The Three Musketeers’ traveled to Naples and observed that poor people there ate nothing but watermelons during the summer and pizza during the winter.
- At first, pizzas were sold by the pie. But in 1933, Patsy Lancieri of Patsy’s Pizzeria in New York City started selling it by the slice.
- Pizza Man, a movie released in 2011 is the only pizza-themed superhero movie in which actor Frankie Muniz plays the role of a pizza delivery guy who acquires superpowers from eating a genetically modified tomato.
- Philadelphia has a pizza museum called ‘Pizza Brain’ which is home to the world’s largest collection of pizza memorabilia.
- The publisher of Pizza Today magazine, Gerry Darnell declared October as the ‘National Pizza Month’ in the United States in 1984.
- There is an annual pizza industry show in Las Vegas known as ‘The International Pizza Expo.
- There is a World Pizza Championship that holds five different kinds of competitions that are – Freestyle Acrobatic Dough Tossing, Fastest Dough, Largest Dough Stretch, Fastest Pizza Box Folding and the Pizza Triathlon.
Okay guys!!! indandi pizza oka history and story… Inkenduku late nenu already na pizza ni tinestunna…. Mari miru…. go and have a pizza……