A name that needs no introduction. He is the God and Ghost of Indian Cinema.
In his career spanning more than six decades, the versatile cinematic magician had done everything that is related to Cinema. He is an eternal inspiration for stars across various fields. He never failed to attempt challenging roles in his career and he always stood with his head high with all the experiments & techniques he contributed to Cinema irrespective of success and failure. Kamal Haasan took Indian Cinema forward with his vision and finesse. He pioneered many techniques in the industry. He introduced many of the first kind technologies to the Indian industry.
Today, we give some unknown facts and interesting things about the great Kamal Haasan.
1. Kamal Haasan started Acting at the age of 4. And at the age of 4, he won the Best Actor President’s Medal for his role in Kalathur Kannamma. And his real name is Parthasarathy Srinivasan
2. Kamal Haasan is a synonym for Cinema. he is an actor, Director, Script Writer, Producer, Playback Singer, Lyricist, Choreographer, Dancer.
3. Kamal Haasan speaks many languages like Tamil, English, Telugu, Hindi, Malayalam, Bengali, Kannada and French.
4. Kamal Haasan is the only Indian actor who has appeared in films in six languages: Hindi, Malayalam, Tamil, Telugu, Kannada, and Bengali. And Kamal is the only Indian star who had given silver jubilee movies in 5 languages
5. Kamal Haasan has the highest number of Films (7) which were submitted to Oscar from India under Best Foreign Language Film category
6. Kamal Haasan has won 19 Filmfare Awards, most by any Indian. In 2000, he wrote to the Filmfare committee requesting not to award him further.
7. From 1988 to 1998, Kamal Haasan was the highest-paid star. In 1994, he also made history as the first Indian actor to be paid INR 1 crore for a single film.
8. Kamal disowned fan clubs and started ‘Narpani Iyakkam.’ He is the first person to convert all his fan clubs into social welfare.
9. In 2016, the French government commemorated Kamal Haasan with ‘Chevalier’ Award for his outstanding contribution to Indian cinema. He became the second Tamil actor after the legendary Sivaji Ganesan to receive this prestigious recognition
10. Kamal is the one of the rare Indian stars who receives remuneration via cheque. Back in the past, the Income tax department awarded him the best tax payer award.He donated his entire body organs for research.