Road trips! Two words that equals happiness. Driving is 10 times more fun, minus the hassle of train stations and airports. Why spend money on an expensive flight when you can just rent a car and drive around these scenic countries on your Indian licence.
Getting an IDP (International Driving Permit) is recommended, and you can obtain one easily from your local RTO, provided you have all the required documents (Valid Driving Licence, Passport, Visa, CMV 4-A, CMV1, CMV1A, and photographs).
Here’s a list of road trip-friendly countries, where all you need is your Indian driving licence to take the wheel.
1. United States of America (Valid For an Year)
2. United Kingdom (Valid For an Year)
3. United Arab Emirates
4. Germany (Valid For Six months)
5. Australia (Valid For Three months)
6. Switzerland (Valid For an Year)
7. France (Valid For an Year)
8. New Zealand (Valid For an Year)
9.South Africa (Valid For The period mentioned on you licence)
10. Norway (Valid For Three Months)
11. Mauritius (Valid For 4 Weeks)
12.Spain (Valid for 6 months)