Visakhapatnam is the largest city and the financial capital of the Indian state of Andhra Pradesh. The city is home to the oldest shipyard and the only natural harbor on the east coast of India. Visakhapatnam is a major tourist destination and is particularly known for its beaches. It is referred to by many nicknames such as The City of Destiny and The Jewel of the East Coast.
Let’s take a look at these vintage photos of Vizag…
1. Visakhapatnam City
2. Lal Bahabur Shastry Inaugurating The Light House In 1957
3. Expansion Of Hindustan Ship Yard
4. Merchant Navy Canteen In Vizag, 1951
5. A Passenger Ship Named Andaman Being Built At Visakhapatnam
6. A Naval Guest House In Vizag, 1952
7. Beach Road, Vizag- Which Was Much Prior Called As “Vizagapatnam”
8.Two Ships Under Construction At Ship Yard, Visakhapatnam
9. Construction Of A Shed In Hindustan Ship Yard
10. Pandit Nehru At Launching Ceremony Of S.S.Jala Usha, India’s First Home-Built Modern Naval Vessel At Vishakhapatnam
11. Light House On Dolphin’s Nose Vizag
12. The Famous Dolphin Nose Hill With Light House On It
13. Vizag’s Beach Road in the 1950s
14. The seaside before the harbor expansion with St. Aloysius High School in the background.