On the occasion of Independence Day, we proudly present some fascinating facts about our National Anthem that every Indian should be aware of, take a look
1. India’s national anthem was first sung at the Calcutta session of the Indian National Congress in December 1911.
2. It was composed in Sanskritized Bengali by Rabindranath Tagore. and the full anthem has 5 stanzas, of which only the first stanza is sung by citizens across the country.
3. National anthem was translated into the English in 1919, titled “Morning Song of India”.
4. The original national anthem song was later translated into the Hindi and Urdu by Abid Ali.
5. Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose is the first person who labelled the song as ‘national anthem’ during the meeting of the German-Indian Society on September 11, 1942.
7. Hindi version of the national anthem was adopted by the Constituent Assembly on January 24, 1950.