Aloo Poha is a popular breakfast dish in the states of Gujarat, Madhya Pradesh and Maharashtra. Quite simple to make, it is made using beaten rice or Poha and is loaded with several health benefits.
Filled with several vitamins, Poha is extremely healthy. It regulates blood and sugar levels. It also has several carbohydrates and is super rich in iron. Pregnant women are also advised to eat it regularly. Easy to digest, Poha is also great for weight loss.
You know its benefits, so why not learn how to make it as well?
- Flattened Rice/Poha
- ½ cup of Onions
- 1 tsp Green chillies
- ½ cup Boiled Potatoes
- Lemon Juice
- Curry leaves
- 1 tsp Ginger
- Salt (As per taste)
- ½ tsp Turmeric powder
- 1 tsp Mustard Seeds
- 1 tsp Cumin Seeds
- 3 Dry Red Chillies
1. Take Poha and, soak it in water and keep it aside for drying.
2. Take a pan and add mustard seeds, cumin seeds, dry red chillies, peanuts and fry till the peanuts are cooked. To this, add onions, ginger, green chillies, curry leaves and fry until the onions are cooked.
3. At this stage, add salt, turmeric powder and mix it well.
4. Now, add boiled potatoes, washed poha and give it a nice mix.
5. Lastly, add salt and lemon juice and serve it hot.
You can also add vegetables like green peas if you’d like some more flavour. Filling on the stomach and low on the calories, Poha is a great breakfast dish for those who want to lose some pounds. To make it even healthier, you can simply skip the peanuts as they have higher calories.
But, hey, if flavours are what you are liking for, then garnish this delicious dish with Aloo Bhujia!