Bommireddy Nagi Reddy Gaaru was a Telugu film producer and has launched the Vijaya Vahini Studios in Chennai which was the then Asia’s Biggest Film Studio. He is more famous as B.N.Reddy or B.Nagi Reddy. Reddy gaaru has served as the president of Film Federation of India twice during 1960-61 and 1962-63.in his time in Tollywood he has given us some great Mythological, devotional and even historic movies. Nagi Reddy closed down Vijaya Vahini after the Tamil film industry moved out of studios in the 1970s, and started the Vijaya Hospital and Vijaya Health Centre.
A new award was incorporated, commemorating his 100th birth year, the Nagi Reddy, memorial Award for the best Telugu and Tamil family entertainers.
He is the receiver for many many awards. Some of them were:
• Dada Saheb Phalke Award – 1986
• National Film Award for Best Feature Film in Kannada – Maduve Madinodu (1965)
• Filmfare Best Film Award (Telugu) – Maya Bazaar (1957)
• Filmfare Best Film Award (Telugu) – Gundamma Katha (1962)
• The Government of Andhra Pradesh awarded him the Raghupathy Venkaiah award in 1987.
• The Government of Tamil Nadu awarded him the Kalaimamani Award in 1972.
• Pathala Bhairavi
• Appu Chesi Pappu Kudu
• Ram Aur Shyam
The list is just never ending. Intha pedda legend ki let us take some time out and recollect his beautiful movies.