The heat is slowly fading away and the rains have already kicked in. Our evenings are getting colder and we are replacing the Lassi with garma-garam chai. The monsoon also sees a new wave of foods. We like our food hot and spicy. Anything which is cold or bland is rejected by the rains.
So here’s an easy and spicy Chilly Flakes Chicken recipe for a super chilly evening. It is spicy, crispy and is made with minimal ingredients. The best part about this recipe is that you do not need to use excess oil as the chicken is boiled and then cooked with spices.
- Green Chillies
- Curry Leaves
- Coriander Leaves
- Turmeric Powder
- Ginger-Garlic Paste
- Coriander Powder
- Red Chilly Powder
- Chilli Flakes
- Take oil in a pan and add a handful of curry leaves and green chillies. Once they are fried, add one cup of thinly sliced onions, ¼ tsp turmeric powder, salt to taste, 1 tsp ginger-garlic paste, coriander powder and cook it covered on low flame for 5 minutes.
- Add ½ kg boiled Chicken, 1 tsp red chilly powder, ½ cup water and give it a nice stir. Cook, it covered on a low flame for 5 minutes.
- Add a tsp of Chilly flakes and mix it well. If you prefer your food super spicy, then you can add extra chilly flakes.
- Garnish it with coriander leaves and a tsp of ghee. Mix it well.
- Serve your Chilly Flakes Chicken hot and spicy!