Rayalaseema is home to several delicious and spicy foods. If you love a variety in your food, then you must try authentic Rayalaseema cuisine.
Breakfast is the most essential meal of the day and if you are looking for some new breakfast ideas, then don’t you worry. We’ve got your back. Uggani Bajji is an extremely famous breakfast dish from the regions of Rayalaseema. Full of flavours this is super easy to make and takes almost no time to cook. This can be your perfect one-pot meal on busy weekdays or lazy weekends.
½ cup onions
½ cup tomatoes
2 tsp green chillies
For Masala Powder
2 tbsp roasted dal
3 tsp dry coconut
6-8 pods of garlic
2 tsp red chilli powder
Salt (As per taste)
1 tsp mustard seeds
1 tsp cumin seeds
Rayalaseema Special Traditional Uggani recpie. Flavourful and great for breakfast!Follow us on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/wirallyfood/
Posted by Wirally Food on Wednesday, January 29, 2020
- Take Puffed rice or Murmura in a large bowl of water and soak it for 10 minutes.
- Firstly, take roasted dal, dry coconuts, garlic pods, red chilli powder and salt. Grind them together to make a fine powder.
- Now, take a pan, pour some oil and fry peanuts in it and allow them to cool down.
- For this step, in the same pan, take mustard seeds and once they start to crackle, add cumin seeds. Once, they are fried, add onions, green chilli and curry leaves and sauté them.
- When the onions are fried, add turmeric powder, salt and tomatoes and cook it covered for 5 minutes.
- Then, add the already soaked and dried puffed rice and mix it well. Also, add the fried peanuts and coriander leaves.
- Lastly, add the ground masala powder and your Uggani is ready to be served hot.
- Serve it hot with Mirchi Bajji or Cut Mirchi.