According to Swami Sivananda’s book entitiled, “The Philosophy of dreams”, the symbols or animals or incidents that occur in our dreams have a lot of meaning and significance about our present and future too. Here are a few of them.
1. Birds – if we dream about birds flying, then it is very unlucky. But for poor people, it signifies betterment if they dream about bird singing.
2. Books – To dream of books is an auspicious sign. Your future life will be very agreeable. A woman dreaming of books indicates she will get a child of great learning.
3. Elephant – Good health, success, strength, prosperity, intelligence.
4. Fire – Health and great happiness, kind relations and warm friends.
5. Nightmare – You are guided by foolish persons. Beware of such people.
6. Owl – Denotes sickness and poverty, disgrace and sorrow.
7. Prison – This is a dream of contrary. Indicates freedom and happiness.
8. River – Rapid and flowing muddy river indicates great troubles and difficulties. But a river with calm glassy surface foretells happiness and love.
9. Snakes – You have sly and dangerous enemies who will injure your character and state of life.
10. Rain – Heavy and boisterous rain indicates trouble. Gentle rain is a good dream indicating happy and calm life.