The Telangana Government has implemented a state lockdown till 31st of March to contain the spread of Coronavirus, the lockdown will be put into action strictly, and the government has advised people that no stay at home, Nobody would be allowed outside from 7 pm to 6 am daily as part of the lockdown. The lockdown was announced on Sunday by the Chief Minister of Telangana, the lockdown is a part of the precautionary measure taken to prevent the spread of coronavirus. The total number of cases rose to 27 with 6 new cases being reported on Sunday.
The lockdown comes under the Epidemic Diseases Act, 1897, and includes the following things:-
- All state borders have been sealed, except the for movement of essential and perishable commodities.
- All transport services, public and private will be shut down including the Hyderabad Metro, State-run buses, taxis and auto-rickshaws.
- The government has also announced that all stores, offices, factories and petrol bunks be shut down from 7 pm to 6 am, except sectors like pharma, and hospitals.
- No one will be allowed outside after 7 pm, and regular police checks will be done, vehicles can be seized, or you can be booked for criminal cases if there’s no valid reason for coming out.
- Any gathering of more than five persons in public places is prohibited.
- Essential goods and services such as Banks, ATMs, print and electronic media, Telecom, postal and internet services are excluded from the restrictions.
- Sale of vegetables, groceries, vegetables and other essentials are excluded from the restrictions.
- Government has also announced that all food security cardholders in the state would be given 12 kg of rice per person.
- Also, all food security card holding families will receive one-time support of Rs. 1500 to meet the expenditure on other essential commodities like vegetables.