From 1 Lakh To 1000 Crore: List Of Films, Which Achieved First-Of-Its-Kind Collections In Tollywood
Do you know the first Telugu film to collect 1 lakh? Yes, I literally mean 1 lakh. Do you know, the first Telugu film to collect 50 lakhs, 1 crore, 5 crores, 10 crores… … … … etc;
Don’t worry, we are here to provide all those the details I mentioned above … Today, we are going to take a look at the torchbearers of Tollywood, in terms of collections, which has pushed Telugu cinema a step further to reach the position where it is today.
1. Savitri, released in the year 1933, was the first Telugu movie to collect 1 Lakh
2. The visual magic, Mayabazar became the first Telugu film to collect a share of over 50 lakhs
3. Lavakusa, in 1963, became the first Telugu film to earn a 1 Crore Share
4. Chiranjeevi’s Yamudiki Mogudu (1988) was the first Telugu film to collect a share of 5 crore
5. The 1992 film Gharana Mogudu, directed by K. Raghavendra Rao and starring Chiranjeevi, is the first Telugu film to gross over ₹ 10 crores at the box office
6. Balayya’s Samarasimha Reddy(1999) earned a share of over 15 crores, this was the first Telugu film to achieve this feat.
7. In 2001, Balayya again with Narasimha Naidu became the first Telugu hero to earn a share of over 20 crore
8. Indra, the first Telugu film to collect 25 crores.
9. Mahesh babu’s Pokiri, became the first Telugu film to earn 40 cr+ share worldwide.
10. Magadheera is the first Telugu film to cross 50, 60, and 70 cr share in Tollywood.
11. Powerstar’s Attarinitiki Daredi became the first Telugu film to collect 75 Crore share
12. 100 crores, 200 crores, and 300 crores all records belong to Baahubali: The Beginning. The first Telugu film to do it.
13. Baahubali 2: The Conclusion became the first Telugu film to collect 500, 750, 1000 crore, and everything.