Directors With The Most Films In The Top 15 Highest Grossing Tollywood Films Of All Time
A director is the one who makes or breaks the film. The director with all his strength brings everyone together and strives to deliver a blockbuster at the box office. Sometimes it works, some other times, it doesn’t, the directors who own their mistakes and failures are the ones who always score high blockbusters at the box office. Tollywood is the place where, you see a lot of blockbuster directors, no other current cinema industry has the number of directors we have in terms of mainstream filmmaking and delivering blockbusters.
We made a list of Tollywood directors based on who has the maximum number of movies in the Top 15 highest-grossing movies of Tollywood. Take a look
Rank 1: S.S. Rajamouli – 3 Movies
1) Baahubali 2: The Conclusion (2017) – Worldwide Gross: 1749cr
2) RRR (2022) – Worldwide Gross: 1190cr
3) Baahubali: The Beginning (2015) – Worldwide Gross: 600.6cr
Rajamouli is No.1 in everything. He holds the no.1 position with three all-time blockbusters in the Top 15.
Rank 2: Sukumar – 2 Movies
1) Pushpa: The Rise – Part 1 (2021) – Worldwide Gross: 361.5cr
2) Rangasthalam 1985 (2018) – Worldwide Gross: 206.6cr
With Pushpa and Rangasthalam, Sukumar takes the second position. With these two films, he became the next big thing after Rajamouli from Tollywood.
Rank 3: Sujeeth – 1 Movie
1) Saaho (2019) – Worldwide Gross: 417.6cr
Even though the movie didn’t satisfy the trade pandits, the movie did really well even with bad word of mouth. This film could have become a sensation if it had worked well. At the end of the day, Sujeeth delivered one of the highest-grossing movies in Tollywood.
Rank 4: Trivikram – 1 Movie
1) Ala Vaikunthapuramloo (2020) – Worldwide Gross: 264.5cr
Guruji, with his Ala Vaikunthapuramloo stands at no.4. The Allu Arjun starrer has collected over 250 crores and become the highest-grosser in Trivikram’s career.
Rank 5: Surender Reddy – 1 Movie
1) Sye Raa Narasimha Reddy (2019) – Worldwide Gross: 243.6cr
Surender Reddy, gave a solid movie to Megastar Chiranjeevi. This was Chiranjeevi’s dream project and Surender Reddy didn’t disappoint.
Rank 6: Anil Ravipudi – 1 Movie
1) Sarileru Neekevvaru (2020) – Worldwide Gross: 222.8cr
Anil Ravipudi stands at no.6 with his Sankranthi blockbuster Sarileru Neekevvaru.
Rank 7: K.S. Ravindra (Bobby) – 1 Movie
1) Waltair Veerayya (2023) – Worldwide Gross: 222.1cr
2023’s biggest hit. Bobby gave the vintage Chiru back with Waltair Veerayya. With Waltair Veerayya’s success, Bobby entered into the top league directors.
Rank 8: Parasuram – 1 Movie
1) Sarkaru Vaari Paata (2022)
Worldwide Gross: 181.9cr
Parasuram gave a solid blockbuster to Mahesh Babu and entered into the 150-cr club.
Rank 9: Vamshi Paidipally – 1 Movie
1) Maharshi (2019) – Worldwide Gross: 176.6cr
Maharshi, now Varisu, with two blockbusters, Vamshi Paidipally is clearly making wonders at the box office with his family commercial movies.
Rank 10: Koratala Siva – 1 Movie
1) Bharath Ane Nenu (2018) – Worldwide Gross: 167.5cr
This was Koratala’s highest-collected movie. NTR 30 might take the Koratala scale 5 positions higher.
Rank 11: Saagar K Chandra – 1 Movie
1) Bheemla Nayak (2022) – Worldwide Gross: 161.3cr
This was Saagar K Chandra’s first 100 cr movie.
Rank 12: V.V. Vinayak – 1 Movie
1) Khaidi No.150 (2017) – Worldwide Gross: 160.5cr
Vinayak gave a grand welcome back to Megastar Chiranjeevi