Pumpkin or Gummadikaaya is a healthy, orange vegetable which is loaded with nutrients. It is supremely rich in vitamins and minerals. Not just the vegetable, but its juice and seeds are also great for the body. Pumpkin is also low in calories making a great option as a weight loss food.
Here are some notable benefits of Pumpkins!
1.Prevents and Controls Diabetes.
Studies prove that Pumpkins have a positive effect on the health of people with diabetes. It contains compounds which reduces the blood sugar levels. Its low-calories support overall well-being of the body.
2.Reduces the Risk of Cancer.
Pumpkin is the best source of food for beta carotene. This beta carotene converts into vitamin A. And, researches have proved that there is a certain relationship between tumour suppression and beta carotene. Hence, Pumpkin can be used to control or prevent cancer.
3.Prevents Eye Problems.
Pumpkins like mentioned earlier are supremely rich in anti-oxidants. They are loaded with vitamin E and vitamin C. They are also rich in beta carotene. All of these help in maintaining your eye sight. They also show significant results in your old-age and prevent any sight-related problems in the future.
Now, you know the benefits of eating benefits. So, why not, learn to make something interesting with it? We all crave for desserts and sweets, don’t we? And, is there anything better than a healthy dessert? So, read to find out, how to make delicious and lip-smacking Gummadikaya/Pumpkin Halwa!
Okka saari tinnarante malli malli tinaali anipistaadi ee Gummadikaya halwa! Great on flavours, this sweet is also super healthy! Follow us on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/wirallyfood/
Posted by Wirally Food on Friday, January 31, 2020
- Cashew nuts
- 1 cup of Milk
- Cardamom powder
- 1/2 cup of Sugar
- Melon Seeds
1. Take a medium-sized Pumpkin and slice it into tiny pieces. Then, grate it to thin slices.
2. In a pan, take a few cashew nuts and fry them. Once, they are roasted, take them out and in the same pan add the already grated Pumpkin.
3. Add milk to this and cook it till the pumpkin is completely mashed and turns soft.
4. Now, add cardamom powder, sugar, a pinch of saffron and mix it well. Finally, add roasted cashews and melon seeds and give it a nice mix.
5. Allow it to cool down, and enjoy this delicious bowl of GummadikayaHalwa!