Street food lover are you?
Indian street food is a plethora of flavours and is home to a variety of spicy foods. Be it your Panipuri or samosa, they are just not any food items. They are simply our emotions. Our childhoods and teenage years have been spent near these chaatbandis. So, why not learn how to make one easy chaat recipe?
Ragda or Googni is a famous chaat from the streets of North India. Full of flavours and spices, this variety of chaat is soon becoming popular even down in the south.
- 1 cup white dry peas (soaked)
- 3 cups of water
- 1 cup onions
- 1 tsp Ginger garlic paste
- Green chillies
- ¼ cup tomatoes
- Coriander leaves
- ½ tsp turmeric
- ½ tspjeera
- 1 sp red chilli powder
- Salt (as per taste)
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tspjeera powder
- 2 tsp dry mango powder
Delicious, juicy and flavourful, this Ragada is great for every occasion. Follow us on Instagram : https://goo.gl/YSCzHn
Posted by Wirally Food on Friday, February 14, 2020
- Take the dried white peas in a cooker, add 3 cups of water, ¼ sp of turmeric powder and cook it for 4 whistles.
- Now, take a pan, add oil, jeera seeds and onions. Sautee them. Now add ginger garlic paste to it and fry it till cooked. Also, add green chillies and tomatoes and stir fry the mixture.
- To this mixture, add chilli powder, coriander powder, salt, jeera powder and dry mango powder and cook it till the masalas are nicely mixed and blended in the mixture.
- Lastly, add the cooked and boiled white peas and mix it well. To this add the remaining boiled water and cover it with a lid.
- Cook it for 5 minutes and finish it off by adding coriander leaves.
Serve it hot!