Carrots are this season’s favouritesuperfood. You find them every season but they are the tastiest now. And what better time than this, to make your favourite Carrot Halwa? Carrot Halwa or Gaajarkahalwa is prepared almost in every household and is enjoyed by people of all age groups.
Apart from great taste and flavours, GaajarkaHalwa is super healthy. Carrots have several essential nutrients and vitamins. They also reduce the risk of heart diseases. Carrots, when taken raw, are sure healthy, but people tend to stay away from healthy foods. And, what better than serving them something healthy and also flavourful.
Reasons why you should eat Carrot Halwa:
It is filled with vitamin A and helps to improve your eyesight. They are also rich in soluble and insoluble fibres promoting digesting and also gives you a feeling of fullness. Packed with Potassium, they help you in lowering blood pressure. They are also rich in antioxidants and protect your body from harmful bacteria, viruses and inflammation. They also possess high silicon content which is great for your skin and nails.
With all benefits and flavours, don’t you want to know how to cook this delicious dessert? Go on, read to find out!
- 1 tsp Ghee
- Cashew Nuts
- ½ tin Condensed Milk
- ½ cup Sugar
- ½ tspElaichi powder
- 2 tsp Melon seeds
- Heat 1 tsp ghee in a pan, add cashew nuts and raisins (kismis) and fry them.
- Add another tsp of ghee and add grated and shredded carrots to it. Mix it well and add a ½ tin of condensed milk to it.
- Cook it till the carrots turn soft and the ghee starts to separate, then add ½ cup sugar to it. Also, add ½ tspElaichi powder to it and mix it well.
- Lastly, add Melon seeds to it and cook it until the carrots absorb the sugar and the condensed milk.
- Turn it off and let your delicious Gaajarkahalwa cool down before you can enjoy it with your loved ones.