One pot meals are great, and they have become quite popular in recent times, because of the hands free cooking time it provides, as the name suggests, you can make these meals in one pot without much hassle, they are delicious and are easy to clean too, making them perfect for busy days. One of India’s most popular and common dish is Dal and Rice, and in this article, we will show you how you can make Dal and Rice together in one pot.
Rice ½ cup
Pigeon dal ¼ cup
Husked Green Gram ¼ gram
Chilli – 3
Tomato – 2
Tamarind Paste – 1 tbsp
Mustard seeds – 1tbsp
Cumin Seeds – 1tbsp
Dry Red Chilies – 2
Hing – ¼ tbsp
Lazy weekend? Then you must try this One Pot Dal Rice! This is also a great option as an easy lunch box recipe!Follow us on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/wirallyfood/
Posted by Wirally Food on Friday, January 31, 2020
- Take a bowl and add rice, pigeon dal and husked green gram in it
- Wash and soak the dal and rice for 30 minutes
- In a pressure cooker, add the soaked rice and dal
- Now add onions, tomatoes, green chilies, all the spices and 3 cups of water and let it cook for 4 whistles.
- Add half cup water, salt, tamarind paste and mix the rice well
- In another pan, heat oil and add mustard seeds, cumin seeds, dry red chilis, hing, garlic and curry leaves to the pan and sauté them.
- Add the tadka to the rice and mix everything well together.
- Your delicious One Pot Dal Rice is now ready