Mayonnaise is a thick, creamy sauce which is made using oil, egg yolks, lemon juice or vinegar, and seasonings. Mayonnaise is made when you mix two liquids that cannot be combined, this process is called an emulsion. Oil and water is the classic example of an emulsion. Blenders, Mixers, and food processors are used to make homemade mayonnaise. Many people feel that homemade mayonnaise is superior and tastier than the mayonnaise that you get in the market. Make sure that you are using a jar, which is wider than the head of the blender, this will allow the oil to emulsify correctly to the other ingredients. If done correctly, you can easily make mayonnaise at home in under 10 minutes, and in this article we will take a look at the process of making mayonnaise.
1 whole egg
1 tablespoon lemon juice (from 1/2 a lemon)
1 cup vegetable or canola oil
- Take a jar and break an egg into it, and add lemon juice to it
- Pour some oil on top and let it settle for 15 seconds.
- Place the blender at bottom of the cup and turn it on high speed.
- Make sure that you don’t move the head of the blender
- As mayonnaise slowly forms, slowly tilt and lift the head of the blender until all oil is emulsified.
- Now season the mayonnaise with a little salt
- Your Mayonnaise is now ready, Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to two weeks.