Prakash Raj is definitely a multi-talented actor who can play negative roles with utter perfection and can live in family characters with so much ease. He can play a person’s father, brother, friend and also an enemy with so much versatility that we never want his presence to go off the screen. Here are some interesting facts about this man.
1. Prakash Raj is a polyglot who can handle Tulu, Kannada, Tamil, Telugu, Marathi, Hindi and Malayalam.
2. Prakash Rai began his acting career with Kannada DoorDarshan serials like Bisilu Kudure and Guddada Bhootha.
3. He later took up small supporting roles in kannada films like Raamachari, Nishkarsha, Lockup Death and etc and was noticed for his dialogue delivery and histrionics. His breakthrough role came in form of Harakeya Kuri starring Vishnuvardhan and Geetha, directed by K S L Swamy.
4. Prakash Raj won the National Film award five times. First: Best Supporting actor in 1998 for Mani Ratnam’s Iruvar. Second: Special Jury Award for Anthapuram in 1999. Third: Special Jury Award for various films in 2003. Fourth: Best Actor for Priyadarshan’s Kanchivaram in 2007. Fourth: Best Film for Puttakkana Highway in 2010.
5. Prakash Raj has been a very ardent theater fan and has over 2,000 street theater performances to his credit.
6. His first theatre performance happened when he was in Class 7.
7. His production house – Duet Movies – is named after his first movie in Tamil.
8. He owns a zero pesticide organic farm in hyderabad.
9. Prakash Raj ventured into direction with Naanu Nanna Kanasu (remake of Abhiyum Naanum), later wielded the megaphone for Dhoni and Un Samayal Araiyil.
10. He also played some famous roles in Hindi films and got strong recognition throughout the nation.