Recent ga Oscars 2022 awards ceremony jarigindi. Will Smith bagged his first ever oscar award for King George movie. And also Will Smith lost his cool and slapped chris rock after he mocked Smith’s wife. Ee rac antha andariki telusu kani idi kakunda Oscars 2022 lo mana Indian okaru Oscar kottadu…sare idi okkasari kadu already inthaka mundu kuda manodu 6 times Oscar win aiyyadu.
Evaru aa Indian? Athani peru enti? Oscar eh category lo kottadu…anedi telusukundham padandi….
1. Namit Malhotra, The Indian Who Bagged Oscar Under Best Visual Effects Category For Dune movie. Not Just Dune He Won 6 OScars Before The Dune & It Is 7th Oscar For Him.
2. Who Is Namit Malhotra? Malhotra is the eldest son of Bollywood film producer Naresh Malhotra & grandson of cinematographer M.N. Malhotra. He grew up in Mumbai & did bachelor’s degree in commerce from H.R. College of Commerce and Economics, Mumbai.
3. After Degree he joined computer graphics school in 1995, where he saw how whole movies could be created on computers. He later recruited 3 of his teachers at the school as co-founders and started Video Workshop, an editing studio in his father’s garage.
4. In 1997, Malhotra merged his Video Workshop business with Naresh Malhotra’s Video Works, a film production equipment rental business to create Prime Focus.
5. Prime Focus was the first technological creative service in India which provided visual effects, sound and Digital Intermediate (DI) services for television and movies. It was one of the earliest companies to set up a scanning and recording system (2001) and DI system (2003) in India.
6. As CEO Of Prime Focus he expanded globally with the launch of Prime Focus World (PFW), which acquired visual effects (VFX), broadcast and post-production facilities in London, New York, Los Angeles and Vancouver.
7. In 2009, using Prime Focus World’s proprietary View-D technology, the company converted Clash of the Titans into 3D. The work on this movie led to Prime Focus delivering stereo conversions for a number of other movie blockbusters like Star Wars, Harry Potter, Transformers and Shrek 2.
8. In July 2014, Malhotra merged Prime Focus World with Double Negative (DNEG), a London-based visual effects (VFX) studio, which at the time was behind the VFX of Christopher Nolan’s Inception (2010), winner of an Academy Awards for Best VFX in 2011. DNEG has won another 5 Academy Awards for Best VFX for Interstellar (2015), Ex Machina (2016), Blade Runner 2049 (2018), First Man (2019) and Tenet (2021).
9. Malhotra is now Chairman & CEO Of DNEG, Won 7th Oscar For Dune VFX Work and Currently working for Ranbir Kapoor’s Brahmastra movie which is scheduled to release in September 2022.