Some amazing facts about our very own great country, that’ll blow your minds away. It’s important as an Indian to know these things by heart.
We present some amazing facts about our Motherland India.
1. Indian Women Hold 11% Of The World’s Gold. According to the data for 2020, Indian women currently own 21733 tonnes of gold. At the same time, 197576 tonnes of gold has been extracted from the mines in the world. That is, out of every 100 tonnes of gold, 11 tonnes are with Indian women.
2. Indians are among the highest number of property owners in London – the heart of the UK, even ahead of the English themselves.
3. More than 40 percent of the motels in the United States are owned by Indian Americans, and 70 percent of them are Gujaratis. Of those Gujaratis, three-quarters are named Patel.
4. Indian Railways transports about 3.2 crore passengers a day, which is more than the entire population of Australia.
5. India’s Mars Orbiter Mission Cost Less Than Hollywood’s ‘Gravity’ Movie.
6. India is home to more than 19,500 spoken languages
7. India was the first country to mine diamonds. From ancient times, India was the source of nearly all the world’s known diamonds, and until the discovery of diamonds in South Africa in 1896, India was the only place where diamonds were mined. India has not been a major diamond-producing country since the 1900s, but diamond mining continues.
8. The legendary Freddie Mercury is of Indian origin. He was born of Parsi origin with the name Farrokh Bulsara.
9. India has the current tallest statue in the world. The Statue of Unity is currently the tallest statue in the world – 600ft(182m)
10. The white tigers are found only among the Indian tigers.
11. About 35 meters taller than the Eiffel Tower, the arch-shaped Chenab bridge in Jammu and Kashmir is the world’s tallest rail bridge. Height of 1,178 feet
12. Piplantri a village in Rajasthan, India plants 111 trees every time a girl is born.