As Expected India’s 15th President Ga Draupadi Murmu eh elect aiyyaru. Draupadi Murmu is the 2nd woman and first tribal who became the president of India. Odisha lo oka small village lo putti teacher ga career start chesina politics loki entry ayyi honest political leaders ga peru tecchukunna Draupadi Murmu ee roju President Of India ga select ayyi history create chesaru.
Here’s A Journey, Timeline Of Draupadi Murmu’s Personal And Political Career In 10 Points.
1. Once A Teacher, Councilor, Governor To 15th President Of India. On Other Side Of Coin Murmu Lost Her Husband And 2 Sons In Accident & Faced Many Challenges – All You Need To Know About Droupadi Murmu
2. Droupadi Murmu Was Born In Santhal Tribal Community On June 20th, 1958, in a small village Of Uparbeda In Odisha. Murmu’s grandfather and father were sarpanches and earned a good name for their honest leadership qualities
3. Murmu completed her Graduation in arts from Rama Devi Women’s University in Bhubaneswar, Odisha. After Her Studies Murmu Started Working As Teacher In Small School, As Assistant Professor In Shri Aurobindo Integral Education and Research in Odisha.
4. Droupadi Murmu married Shyam Charan Murmu, a banking employee. She left the teaching profession after marriage and joined Bharatiya Janata Party in 1997. She was elected as a councilor from Rairangpur Nagar Panchayat.
5. Murmu got an MLA seat after her tremendous work as a party worker in the state. She won as MLA and held the position of Minister of Commerce and Transport and Fisheries and Animal Resources department between 2000 and 2004.
6. Murmu won the ‘Nilkantha Award’ by Odisha Legislative Assembly in 2007 for being the best party worker and MLA. She served as MLA for 2 terms & Minister for 1 term during the BJP’s coalition with Biju Janata Dal.
7. Mumu’s personal life is nothing but a tragedy as she lost her husband, 2 sons, mother, and brother in 6 years the span from 2009-2014. She had three children, Her elder son died mysteriously in 2009 and the 2nd son died in a road accident 3 years later.
Later Murmu’s husband died of cardiac arrest in 2014. She went into depression and attended Brahmakumari to overcome personal losses. Her daughter Itishree works in a bank in Odisha.
8. Murmu was sworn in as Governor Of Jharkhand In 2015. Murmu served as governor for 6 years from 2015-2021 as it was extended 1 year more due to the non-appointment of a new Governor due to the Covid pandemic.
9. Murmu Was Selected As NDA’s Presidential Candidate For The Year 2022 As Ramnath Kovind Term Comes To End As President Of India.
10. A Teacher, Councilor, MLA, Minster and The First Lady Governor Of Jharkhand To 1st Tribal President Of India, Murmu A Lady From a Small Tribal Village Has Come A Longway & Her Journey Is an Inspiration To Women And Men In The Country.