Ram Gopal Varma is an Indian film director, screenwriter and producer, known for his works in Telugu cinema, Bollywood, and television. Regarded as one of the pioneers of new age Indian cinema. Apart from that, he is very passionate about films and is brutally honest, his interviews are often very unique because of his responses.
Here are a Few Quotes by RGV
- A director standing by his film rejected by the audience is like him telling a girl ‘I love myself and I don’t care if you don’t love me
- If something doesn’t work, people will say ‘we told you so’, and if it works, they will come up with a new theory and will conveniently forget what they had said earlier.
- I am born every morning and I die every night because I don’t care what happened yesterday and I don’t know what will happen tomorrow, so I just live the moment.
- So, in short, the success of a film is due to the contribution of the actors and technicians in excess of my expectations, which is why it belongs to them, while failure belongs to me alone, as it means that I failed in channelizing their equally great contributions to their intended destination.
- When someone is up there and he deserves to be up there, try to learn from what he has achieved. If you think he doesn’t deserve it, still try to learn from what he has achieved and add your own capability to it, as it might result in you climbing higher than him. But you should not sit on the ground, gazing at him with hatred and waiting for him to fall, because his descent won’t help you reach the top. And also, you might often miss the point that people whom you look down upon may actually be far more capable than you. Anyway, to cut a long story short, I feel it’s truly wasteful to expend your energy in hating someone.
- To understand death, one must know what life is in the first place, what it comprises of and what is it being alive.
- Life for me is all about feelings and thoughts. And the body is just an outside entity. My body dies but my thoughts won’t.
- We are scared of unknown more than known no matter how powerful the known is. And death is the most unknown. It just terrifies you.
- Many people don’t understand that in filmmaking, if you make a fundamental mistake, everything goes wrong – but you don’t realize it till the film is made.
- The industry has a standard way of judging actors: they do ten films, they get X price, and they get this number of awards, seen at page three parties and all that – that is how they measure success. I don’t do it like that.
- I don’t think I take risks. People think I do, but I don’t. In fact, I think conventional formula filmmakers take more risks than me.
- I despise all those who fight for peace. It’s only the bad guys and the troublemakers who create entertaining and history-changing events
Read : RGV Web Series – The List Of Unreleased Movies And Web Series Of RGV