Sunitha Upadrashta, the sweetest voice in the contemporary Telugu Music industry. She debuted in film playback in 1995 with music director Sasi Preetham for the song ‘Ee Vela lo Neevu’ from ‘Gulabi’ which has won many accolades. She has sung around 3000 songs in various languages for several music directors like M.M.Keeravani, Mani Sharma, Ilayaraja, A.R.Rahman, Mickey.J.Meyer, Kalyani Malik, DSP, S.S.Thaman, etc. Apart from playback singing, she has several other talents which made her very popular. She’s a voice artist, and has dubbed for several actresses like Soundarya, Anushka, Tamannah, Ileana, Genelia, Sonali Bendre, Trisha, Kamilini Mukharjee, etc.
She has won several awards for dubbing too apart from 2 FIlmfare and 9 Nandi Awards as a singer. Also, she hosted several TV shows like ‘SwaraNeerajanam’, ‘Annamayya Paataku Pattabhishekam’ and some award functions. Today being her birthday, we wish her a very happy birthday.
Here are some of her famous hits:
1. Ee Vela lo Neevu – Gulabi (1995)
2. Andhamga Lenaa – Godavari (2006)
3. Inka Koncham Sepu – Maryaan (2013)
4. Egiripothe Entha Baaguntundhi – Vedam (2010)
5. Vayassunami – Kantri (2008)
6. Chirugaali Veechene – Siva puthrudu (2004)
7. Em Sandhedham Ledhu – Oohalu Gusagusalaade (2014)
8. Yela Yela – Aata (2007)
9. Yeh Chikitha – Badri (2000)
10. Pedavi Daatani – Thammudu (1999)