Dussehra is one of the most celebrated and auspicious festivals in our country. Kani mana India mottham lo Mysore Palace lo Dussehra jariginattu inka ekkada jaragadu anedi manam vintuntam and news lo chustuntam.
Kani…enduku Mysore Palace enduku Dussehra festival and celebrations ki pettindi peru? Assala ee tradition eppudu start aindi? Evaru start chesaru? Anedi ippudu teluskundham.
First of all What is Dussehra and Why we celebrate this festival?
Dussehra is celebrated in various regions of India and why it is celebrated ante two reasons unnayi. Okati Goddess Chamundeshwari parajalanu ibbandi pedutunna Mahishasura ane rakshasudu ni champadam…and inkokati Ravana ni Ramudu champadam anevi ‘Victory of good over Evil’ ga gurthisthu appati nundi prathi year ee iddari Rakshasula idols ni kalusthu celebrate chesukuntaru.
How Mysore is related to Dussehra Festival Tradition and who started ?
Mahishasura rakshasudu ni vadinchina Chamundeshwari ki mana Mysore Kings chala pedda devotees. Andhuke ee palace construction kuda Chamundi Hills ki opposite direction lo untundi. Ala Mysore palace lo Mysore Kings prathi Dussehra ki ikkada Chamundeshwari ni kolusthu pedda ettuna Dussehra celebrations tradition ni start chesaru.
It is believed that Mysore Dasara or Dussehra festivities were first celebrated during the reign of the Vijayanagara kings back in the 14th-century. Ante almost 400 years back 1610 lo Wadiyar King, Raja Wadiyar I garu ikkada first time Dussehra Celebrations ni start chesaru. Ala appati nundi continue avthu vastunna ee tradition 408 years nundi successful ga jaruguthu vastunnayi.
Rare footage of Dussehra Festival at Mysore Palace in 1968
Few Highlights of 10 Days Dussehra Celebrations at Mysore Palace:
1. Mysore Dasara Celebrations begin with Royal Couple of the Palace offering a special puja in the Chamundi Temple
2. Goddess Chamundi Deity was taken in procession to the royal palace from the temple on with elephants parade from Chamundi hills to outskirts of Mysore
3. 10 days of festivities starts after deity of Chamundi returns to Palace
4. On the very first day of celebrations, Mysore Palace mottham 100,000 light bulbs tho decorate chestaru. Aa lights on chesaka Mysore Palace ni chudadaniki rendu kallu saripovu
5. Ika 10 days antha…evening 6 nundi night 10 varaku palace mottham lo different dance performances, traditional karnataka folk songs meedha artists performances chestaru.
6. Everyday palace celebrations lo elephants are the star attraction with their Golden Howdahs along with camels, horses, and tribal dancers from all over also adorn the parade.
7. Ika 10 days lo Exhibition, Wrestling, Sports, Women ki muggula competition, families enjoy cheyadaniki water sports lantivi palace lo chala jarguthayi
8. Final day aithe treat to watch procession and parade full of lightings, enchanting and hailing Goddess Chamundi
So, next time veelaithe Dussehra ki Mysore velladaniki try cheyandi. Enduku ante Mysore Palace lo Dussehra anedi definitely a once in a lifetime experience.