There is a certain love for cooking that is common among all the Indians. We love our desi ghee and extra masaledaar food. For most of us, food means eating heavy food. But we don’t forget our roots and India’s roots lie in the comfort food. When we say comfort food, they are simple to cook and are often made with minimal ingredients.
So, here is a simple recipe which can be made in less than 10 minutes.
Coconut is used extensively in South Indian cuisine. Its medicinal values make it an extremely important ingredient. Rich in several nutrients and minerals, coconuts must be eaten regularly. They are also known to improve skin and hair. Try this tasty and simple Coconut Rice recipe.
- 1 cup Rice
- 2 cups Water
- 2 tsp Ghee
- 1 tsp Mustard
- 1 tsp Jeera
- Urad Dal
- Bengal Gram
- Cashew Nuts
- Curry Leaves
- Green Chillies
- 1 cup Grated Coconut
- Firstly, you need to cook your rice. For that take one cup of water with 2 cups of water and cook it for three whistles.
- Then, take a pan, add ghee and fry mustard seeds, jeera seeds, urad dal and bengal gram. Fry them till they slightly change colour.
- Now, add curry leaves, ginger, green chillies, grated coconut, hing and fry them till the coconut is nicely cooked.
- Finally, add salt and boiled rice and cook till all the spices are nicely mixed with the rice.
- Garnish it with coriander leaves and serve it hot.