US Ki Dollar, UK Ki Pound, Russia ki Ruble elago mana Indians ki Rupee alaga. Rupee is our official currency approved and issued by Reserve Bank Of India under ‘Section 22 of the RBI Act’ in 1932. Aithe Rupee, Rupee nuvvu ala puttav ante mana Rupee venaka chala history undi and mana Indian Currency Facts kuda chalane unnayi.
These Facts About Indian Currency will make you say ‘Oh My Rupee’….
1. Rupee was first minted in India by Sher Shah Suri, was the founder of the Suri Empire in India. On 19th August 1757, the first rupee coin was minted by the East India Company in Kolkata, issued by Sher Shah Suri in 1540-45
2. The First Paper Currency circulated in India was in 1882. The 5 Rupee note was the first paper currency issued in Indian by the RBI in January 1938. The first One rupee coin was issued in India in 1962.
3. Rupee One was introduced on 30th November, 1917 followed by the exotic Rupees Two and Annas Eight. The official Indian currency coins and notes were issued after the Reserve Bank Of India formed ‘Section 22 of the RBI Act’ in 1932.
4. First Indian language which is recorded on the basis of the Indian rupee is Assamese. Last Indian language is Urdu. Nepali is the Only one foreign language that is printed On Indian Currency.
5. Coins of 25 paise and 50 paise popularly known as Athanni were demonetized from June 30, 2011 by RBI
6. The highest denomination note of Rs 10,000 was printed by the Reserve Bank of India in 1938. It was demonetized in 1946, reintroduced in 1954 and was finally again demonetized in 1978.
7. The Rs. 500 note was introduced in October 1987 with the portrait of Mahatma Gandhi. And The First Mahatma Gandhi Series of Banknotes started circulation in 1990.
8. Did You Know? The average cost of manufacturing a single one rupee coin is Rs. 1.11, which is more than its own value
9. The Indian Government & RBI Officially Announced The Demonetization Of The Old Currency Notes of Rs 500 & Rs 1000 In 2016 and issued new currency note of Rs 2000