Justice Ranjan Gogoi, Supreme court 46th chief justice ga President Ramnath Kovind, Prime minister Narendra Modi, and other cabinet ministers presence lo Rashtrapati Bhavan darbar hall lo oath teeskunnaru.
Here you need to know everything about our Chief Justice of India Shri Ranjan Gogoi CJI.
1. Ranjan is Assam’s Ex-Chief minister son.
Born on November 18, 1954, he is the son of ‘Keshab Chandra G’ who is an Ex-chief minister of Assam.
2. Started practice as an advocate in 1978.
Gogoi was enrolled and joined bar council as an advocate in 1978. He practised in the Gauhati High Court on constitutional, taxation and company matters.
3. Ranjan holds permanent sitting judge seat of Gauhati High Court for 9 years.
On February 28 2001, he was appointed as Permanent Judge of Gauhati High Court.
4. Transferred to Punjab & Haryana High Court.
Following 9 years of excellence, he then moved to Punjab & Haryana High Court on September 9, 2010.
5. Chief justice of Punjab & Haryana High Court.
A year later on February 12, 2011, he was appointed as Chief Justice of Punjab & Haryana High Court.
6. Joined with Supreme Court of India, on April 23, 2012.
He is a part of Supreme court four-judge bench since 2012 and Gogoi was part of several critical verdicts.
7. Finally took oath as Chief justice of India.
The 63-year-old Ranjan is the first Chief Justice from (Assam) the North-Eastern States. Ranjan Gogoi’s tenure as the CJI will continue till November 17, 2019.