Sandwiches are some of the simples and tastiest snacks you can eat. Veetini entha unhealthy ga cheskovocho, anthe healthy and tasty ga kuda cheskovochu. Here are a few sandwich recipes that you might want to try.
1. Bombay Sandwich
· 1 boiled potato
· 1 sliced capsicum, tomato and onion
· Diced cucumber
· Chat masala, jeera powder.
· Mint chutney
What to do now?
· Apply butter and mint chutney on two different slices.
· Layer the veggies in the order of their softness.
· Sprinkle chat masala, jeera powder on the other slice.
· Bind them up and cut it into 4 pieces.
· Eat it with mint chutney or tomato ketchup.
2. Mushroom Sandwich
· Chopped garlic and chillies
· Thinly sliced onion
· Sliced mushrooms
· Salt (for taste)
· Heat a pan. Add a tsp of oil or butter.
· Sauté the garlic, onion and green chilles.
· Add mushrooms after onions turn brown. Sprinkle some salt.
· Place this on bread slices. Add cheese on the top of the filling.
· Bind it with another slice of bread.
· Toast it on both the sides and have it with mayo or ketchup.
3. Potato Sandwich
· Boiled and mashed potato
· Thinly sliced onion and capsicum
· Ginger garlic paste
· Chopped green chillies
· Jeera powder, garam masala powder, coriander powder, amchur powder, salt.
· Heat 1 tsp of oil in a pan. Add garlic, green chillies and onion.
· Once onions are cooked, add the ginger garlic paste. Once rawness is gone, add the mashed potatoes and cook till the moisture is gone.
· Add the masalas taken and cook it for a couple of minutes.
· Place this filling between 2 bread slices and toast it evenly on both the sides.
4. Nutella and Banana Sandwich
· ¼ c. chocolate hazelnut spread (Nutella)
· 2 tbsp. salted almonds
· 1 large ripe banana
· Spread 1 tbsp of spread on two slices.
· Sprinkle with almonds, press them gently.
· Arrange slices of banana on one slice and cover it with the other.
· Place the sandwich on a hot pan and press it down gently.
· Cook on both the sides and have a dessert sandwich hot on your plate.
5. Potato and Peas Sandwich
· 1 big bowl boiled peas
· 3 boiled potatoes grated
· 2 green chilies chopped
· 1/2 tsp madras curry powder
· 1/4 tsp coriander powder
· 1/4 tsp red chili powder
· Heat oil in a pan and add the chilles.
· Add the grated potatoes once the chillies are done.
· Add curry powder, boiled peas, red chili powder, coriander powder and salt. Mash the potatoes and peas and let it cook away for 2-3 minutes.
· Spread some filling on a slice of bread and cover it with another.
· Toast the sandwich evenly on both the sides or you can have it cold.