12 Interesting And Unknown Facts About Shah Rukh Khan
Shah Rukh Khan is a name that needs no introduction. A name that gave us plenty of on-screen moments to cherish for a lifetime, a name that gave us love goals and life goals, a name that will go down as one of the biggest stars in Indian cinema. Shahrukh Khan is a part of our lives.
Today, we present you some interesting and unknown facts about Shah Rukh Khan.
1. Shah Rukh Khan was the first Indian actor to be featured on the cover page of the Los Angeles Times Calendar section.
2. Shah Rukh Khan holds the record for longest running movie in Indian Cinema, or you can say any World Cinema in a theatre: Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge movie still runs at the Maratha Mandir theatre in Mumbai
3. Shah Rukh Khan, the only Indian to have a Statue in Grevin Museum, after Gandhiji.
4. Shah Rukh Khan became the first Bollywood personality to be honored with the prestigious Chubb fellowship at Yale University.
5. In 2008, Newsweek named him one of the 50 most powerful people in the world, ranking him at 41. The article titled “Who is the world’s biggest movie star? Brad? Will? Nah. His name is Shahrukh Khan, and he’s the king of Bollywood.”
6. Shah Rukh Khan, owns property on the Moon. One of the die-hard SRK fans from Australia buys him a piece of land on the moon from Lunar Republic Society on his birthday every time. And she has bought him several acres on The Sea of Tranquility which is one of the most sought-after addresses on the moon.
7. Shah Rukh Khan, signed the film DDLJ, which made him the King of Bollywood, without even looking at the script. He did this out of his love for filmmaker Aditya Chopra. And his instincts of love made him the biggest superstar of India.
8. Shah Rukh Khan is the only Indian to be honored with the prestigious Brand Laureate Legendary Award for his unmatched contribution to world Cinema by the Malaysian government.
9. Government of France awarded SRK both the Ordre des Arts et des Lettres and the Légion d’honneur – The greatest honor of France like the Bharat Ratna in India.
10. Shah Rukh Khan is the only Indian to win UNESCO’s Pyramide con Marni award for his support of children’s education. He donated all the prize money KKR won in 2014, to the children’s hospitals in Kolkata and Mumbai. And he also donated Chennai Express’s first-day collection of 33 crore rupees to Uttrakhand- Kedarnath disaster.
11. SRK runs a cancer ward in Mumbai’s Lilavati Hospital.
SRK about his father’s death “I have seen my father dying in front of my eyes just because I had no money to buy medicines for him. I know the value of money. That’s why I want to earn more and more money. I wanna spend them for those people who have cancer”
12. The great James Cameron, the director who changed world cinema with every film of his, said ‘India means Shah Rukh Khan to me. I want to go to Mumbai for an autograph of Shah Rukh Khan.’