Some Interesting Facts About Tom And Jerry The Most Loved Cartoon Show
Our childhood is nothing without Tom & Jerry. Still, a smile emerges whenever we come across Tom & Jerry. The show has made such a sweet impact on our lives. I bet we didn’t know all behind the facts about our favorite cartoon, so here are some facts about Tom & Jerry.
1. Tom and Jerry were created by Willia Hanna and Joseph Barbera. They also created other cartoon shows like Scooby-Doo, The Flintstones, and many others.
2. Tom and Jerry debuted on February 10th, 1940. The first episode was the longest, and in the first episode, Tom walked on four legs. The first episode was titled ‘Puss gets the boot’
3. Tom & Jerry, were called Jasper and Jinx in their first appearance in 1940, later their names were changed to Tom & Jerry.
4. MGM, the studio didn’t like the concept of Tom & Jerry, and felt it was too common, but when it became a huge success, even winning them an Oscar nomination in 1941, the studio allowed the creators to continue.
5. Tom and Jerry, only spoke to each other two times in the entire episode. The first time Tom spoke was to sing the song ‘Is you is or Is you ain’t my baby.’ And the second time, in the 1992 feature film, Tom and Jerry spoke to each other.
6. Tom and Jerry have been nominated 13 times at the Oscars. And it has won 7 times.
7. NASA names two of their satellites chasing each other as Tom and Jerry.
8. In 1975, a special series was created with Tom and Jerry being friends, time traveling, solving mysteries, and enjoying bromance. But it didn’t last long.
9. A total of 164 shorts in the Tom and Jerry series were produced and released between 1940 and 2014. Of these, 162 are theatrical shorts, one is a made-for-TV short, and one is a 2-minute sketch shown as part of a telethon.
10. The ending of Tom and Jerry is still a mystery. In the final episode, which was never aired completely, Tom and Jerry end their lives on a train track.