Rinku Singh is the Rocky Bhai of Cricket
Here’s the complete the story of the underdog Rinku Singh.
1. Rinku was born on October 12, 1997 in Aligarh, a small town in Uttar Pradesh. And he dropped out of school in class 9.
2. Rinku Singh, 3rd among 5 siblings, was born in a working class family. Rinku’s father Khanchandra delivers LPG cylinders.
3. Rinku made his List A cricket debut for UP in 2014 and at that time, he was only 16. His First-class debut came two years later for UP in November 2016.
4. Rinku’s meagre earnings through junior level cricket, went to paying former loans that the family had taken from various people.
5. Rinku won a motorbike for being the best player at a tournament in Delhi, which he gave to his father as a gift for distributing the heavy gas cylinders.
6. Due to poverty and financial troubles, Rinku needed a job. So he went to a place for a job where he was offered to role of Sweeper. But he was not ready to become a sweeper. He came back home and told his mother that he will rather focus on his cricket than do such jobs.
7. He was picked for the first time in the IPL by Kings XI Punjab in 2017 but failed to get a chance. He was picked by Kolkata Knight Riders in the 2018 auction for Rs 80 lakh. He remained with KKR till 2021 when he was ruled out of IPL due to a knee injury.
8. After knowing about Rinku’s injury his father stopped eating as he was the sole breadwinner of the family and him not playing meant not earning and it affected family’s finances.
9. Rinku Singh has faced a BCCI ban as well. In 2019, he played in a foreign league, not knowing that BCCI does not allow its cricketers to play in any league outside India. Rinku was slapped with a 3-month ban
10. IPL 2022, changed the life Rinku forever. He grabbed the opportunity by it’s throat and proved what he is capable of. All the best Rinku, shine like a diamond, live like a king.