This year, so far, seems like it is all about unpredictability & adaptability. 2020 has left a dent in many lives, leaving people to try and mend their lives in new ways, be it at home, office, school or college. However, this is also the right time to upgrade ourselves using upGrad, India’s largest online higher education company that offers outcome-oriented learning solutions to early and mid-senior professionals. upGrad has been ranked as No.1 in the #LinkedInTopStartups India 2020 list. This is the third time in a row that the edtech major has been featured in the prestigious list after 2018 and 2019. Now you must be wondering what upGrad is all about! Here we provide you with complete information regarding upGrad.
What is upGrad?
In this ever-changing industry, people need to continuously upskill themselves in order to stay relevant. This is where upGrad plays a huge role in monitoring your career with new-age skill sets and enhanced subject knowledge. upGrad, with its online programs which are an amalgamation of outcome-oriented learning solutions has impacted almost 1 million individuals across the globe. It offers quality online higher education in partnership with top-notch national and international universities, for early to mid- senior professionals at the comfort of their homes.
With a conviction to bridge the gap between working professionals and rapidly evolving industry requirements, upGrad was founded in 2015 by Ronnie Screwvala, Mayank Kumar, and Phalgun Kompalli. The journey started off with an entrepreneurship program and soon expanded its online portfolio in the areas of Marketing, Finance, Operations, HR, Law, Strategy & Leadership, Analytics, Big Data, loT, Cyber Security, Al & Data Science.
What differentiates upGrad from other edtech players, is the outcome-oriented learning experience that it offers. It brings seamless and quality higher upskilling online programs that are divided into modules with recorded sessions, quizzes, case studies, live sessions, and career guidance. upGrad also offers an integrated platform to code tests and submit solutions. It provides learners with steadfast placement support, resume building, interview support for career switch, assignments, grading etc.
upGrad has numerous interactive live sessions with various industry and subject matter experts. A personal student mentor is assigned to each learner to ensure their consistent progress throughout the program module. These mentors are the single point of contact for every learner’s non-academic queries.
upGrad offers a plethora of online programs that are designed and delivered in collaboration with top-notch universities like IIT Madras, IIIT Bangalore, MICA, BIMTECH, NMIMS Global Access, Jindal Global Law School, Duke CE, Deakin University, Liverpool John Moores University and others.
Why upGrad is different from its contemporaries & where it succeeds.
- upGrad’s ability to provide meaningful career outcomes to its learners, stands as the biggest differentiator amongst other edtech players in the Indian market.
- upGrad, perhaps is India’s only player in the higher edtech market who is enabling its learners achieve their fullest potential by providing Transition in desired role, Acceleration of Career, Professional Confidence, commonly known as the TAP success.
- As per the Careers Report of Q2 FY21, by upGrad, which has ongoing career support & placement drives throughout the year, 16% of its learners started a new job within 6 month post completion of the program, 21% learners reported a promotion or salary hike within their current organisation or ability to perform better in their existing role and 42% reported higher confidence, thus taking overall outcome score to 79%, a 5 base point jump from the last quarter.
- With an 80% program completion rate, which otherwise is 3-6% for MOOCs, robust finest university credentials, strong mentorship, and steadfast placement education system and is in a position to tech platform, outcome-based learning approach, industry-relevant curriculum, finest university credentials, strong mentorship, and steadfast placement support, upGrad has established its position as the leader in the Indian education system and is in a position to achieve an ARPU of 2.5 L, highest in the Indian education sector.
- upGrad’s current faculty mix includes 220+ industry experts and 50+ university faculty members, who provide thorough domain knowledge to the learners, that in turn helps them establish a strong subject foundation. In the coming few months, upGrad plans on onboarding 400+ industry experts and 80+ university faculty members.
- Moreover, upGrad has tied up with seasoned industry professionals, working at companies such as Gramener, Uber, Flipkart, Wipro etc. to provide learners with an online program that makes it more aligned with the fast evolving industry requirements.
- The most beautiful thing about the edtech major is it facilitates collaboration with many other upGrad alumni who are industry professionals, at different stages of the course. Several opportunities like working on case studies, projects, etc are created for learners to enable them to interact with these industry stalwarts for a wider market perspective.
Courses & Universities
- upGrad provides online programs in the area of Marketing, Finance, Operations, HR, Law, Strategy & Leadership, Analytics, Big Data, IoT, Cyber Security, AI & Data Science, and Insurance.
- upGrad is associated with these prestigious universities such as IIT Madras, IIIT Bangalore, MICA, BIMTECH, NMIMS Global Access, Jindal Global Law School, Duke CE, Deakin University, Liverpool John Moores University and others.
- upGrad has reached from Kashmir to Kanyakumari. Offline to online adaptation is the new norm, and it’s best we get acquainted with the fast changing online trends. If you’re looking for a serious degree and/or specialization, upGrad offers a one-stop solution with learning outcomes. You can change your life by upgrading yourself through upGrad.