Schezwan sauce is a spicy Indochinese sauce, which is made with dry red chilies, garlic, onions, and spices. The schezwan sauce is one of the most popular sauces in the world, it is known for its versatility, as it can be added to almost anything, and it will make the dish better. Schezwan sauce is used in most of the Chinese dishes, one of the reasons why these dishes are so hard to avoid it because of this secret sauce. The sauce can be used in a number of dishes, in a number of ways. You may stir-fry your vegetables in it or spread it on sandwich bread, you can add it to noodles or fried rice. So, why go to the store to buy this amazing sauce, when you can easily make it at home, in this article we will take a look at how to make Schezwan sauce at home.
How To Make Schezwan Sauce
- Rinse and soak the red chilies in hot water for 30 minutes
- Remove the stalks and drain them, then cut them into pieces and add them to a grinder
- Now make a paste of the chilies, keep adding a little water to make the paste smooth
- Now take a pan and heat some vegetable oil or Sesame oil
- Add garlic and ginger to the pan and saute it for a little while, make sure that you don’t brown them.
- Now add chopped onions to the pan and sauté them till they become translucent
- Add the red chili paste to the pan now and stir well
- saute the mixture for a few minutes, till you see oil leaving the sides of the sauce. Pour water to the mixture now and give a stir again.
- Leave the stove on simmer for a couple of minutes
- Add sugar, salt, pepper, soy sauce, and vinegar to the mixture. stir and continue to cook the sauce for 5 to 6 minutes more.
- Your Schezwan Sauce is now ready, once the sauce cools down, collect it in a small jar or bowl, cover tightly with a lid and refrigerate it, you can now use it whenever you want.