The Andhra Pradesh Government after issuing a gazetted notification on carving out 26 districts out of the existing 13 has successfully executed it. All the new districts have come into being from today i.e., 04-04-2022.
Right after the gazetted notification was released, YS Jagan Mohan Reddy – Led YSR Congress Government has shuffled IAS and IPS officers and appointed superintendents of Police and Collectors to the new districts.
Now, Andhra Pradesh has officially gone up from having 13 Districts to 26 Districts.
The Complete List of Andhra Pradesh (AP) New 13 Districts
1. Manyam District is carved out of Vizianagaram District.
2. Anakapalli District is carved out of Visakhapatnam District.
3. Kakinada out of East Godavari District.
4.Konaseema out of East Godavari District.
5. Eluru out of West Godavari District.
6. Palnadu out of Guntur District.
7. Bapatla is carved out of Guntur District.
8. Nandyal out of Kurnool District.
9. Alluri Sitarama Raju out of Visakhapatnam District.
10. Sri Satya Sai District is carved out of Kadapa District.
11. N T Rama Rao District out of the existing Krishna District.
12. Sri Balaji out of Chittoor District
13. Annamaya is carved out of Kadapa District.
During the poll campaign for the 2019 Assembly elections, YS Jagan Mohan Reddy has promised that his party, if voted to power, would make every Lok Sabha Constituency a district.
The state has 25 Lok Sabha Seats and One District was additionally created taking from the tribal areas in East Godavari and Visakhapatnam.
Andhra Pradesh has the second-highest average district population of 41 Lakh and geographically too, it is known as the eighth largest state in the Country with many districts being of vast size. Therefore, considering all these, The Government has carved out new districts for ease of administration and public convenience.