The sacred monument Ram Mandir dedicated to Shri Rama in his birthplace is touted to be the world’s third-largest Hindu temple complex. The grand temple is expected to be about 270-280 feet wide, 280-300 feet long and 128 feet high. And there are some many large and sacred Hindu temples around the world that depicts our culture like Ram Mandir in structure and chastity.
Here’s taking a look at some of the world’s largest Hindu temple complexes.
1) Angkor Wat, Cambodia
World’s largest Hindu temple dedicated to Lord Vishnu with over 401 acres/ 162.6 hectares
2) Ranganatha Swamy temple, Tiruchirapalli – India
Spread over 155 acres and this temple is dedicated to Maha Vishnu
3) Ram Mandir, Ayodhya – India
The grand temple is expected to be about 270-280 feet wide, 280-300 feet long and 128 feet high.
4) Swaminarayan Temple, US
Located in Robbinsville, the construction began in 2010 and was completed in 4 years
5) Shri Aadya Katyayani Shakthi Peetham, Delhi – India
Spread over 70 acres and dedicated to goddess Durga
6) Akshardham, Delhi – India
This temple architecture is made up of pink sandstone and Italian Carrara marble
7) Praramban Temple, Indonesia
Second largest Hindu temple complex in South-East Asia.
8) Thillai Nataraja Temple, Chidambaram – Tamil Nadu – India
This temple is dedicated to Lord Shiva. Spread over 40 acres
9) Brihadisvara Temple, Thanjavur – Tamil Nadu – India
Built by King Raja Raja Chola around 1003 and 1010 AD.
10) Arunachalesvarar Temple, Tamil Nadu – India
This temple is dedicated to Lord Shiva, spread over 25 acres.