Amid Lockdown most of the world movies opt to stream directly on OTT platforms. Coming to Indian Cinema, some movies on Amazon and some movies on Netflix got released directly after the shutdown of Theatres and Multiplexes in the country.
Whereas per Government orders the single screens and theatres are no way close to open soon so some production houses opt to release their movies directly on OTT platforms. As a result Amazon Prime leading OTT in India has already confirmed and released the 7 Indian Movies along with some local and international shows with new seasons.Not only prime but Netflix, Zee5, Disney Hotstar are also trying to hold and entertain customers with new movies and shows.
Here are a few movies and shows released directly on OTT.
1. Ponmagal Vandhan – Tamil Movie – Prime Video
2. Choked – Hindi Movie – Netflix (Yet To Release)
3. Gulabo Sitabo – Hindi Movie – from 12th June – Prime Video
4. Penguin – Tamil and Telugu Movie – from 19th June – Prime Video
5. Sufiyum Sujatayum – Malayalam Movie – Prime Video (Yet To Announce)
6. Law – Kannada Movie – from 19th June on 26th Prime Video
7. French Biryani – Kannada Movie – from 26th July on Prime Video
8. Anu Menon’s Shakuntala Devi (Hindi) a legal drama with Vidya Balan
9. Run – Telugu Movie – Aha
10 . Paatal Lok – Hindi Series – Amazon Prime
11. Loser – Telugu Series – Zee 5
12. Betaal – Hindi Series – Netflix
13. Sin – Telugu – Aha
14. Official Bhootiyagiri – Hindi Series – MX Player
15. Rejectx – Hindi Series – Zee5