Telugu cinema charitra lo enno faction cinemalu vachayi, chala varuku blockbuster lu ayyi box office ni oka oopu oopesai. Kani ee faction cinema trend modalu pettina vyakthi mana one and only Balayya Babu. Kaddar chokka lo Balayya ni chuste nijamgane salaam kottali anipistadi. Ee faction cinema trend ni modalu pettina cinema 1999 lo release ayyi box office ni oocha kotha kosina Samarasimha Reddy. Enno record lu break chesi trend set chesina Samarasimha Reddy movie gurinchi meeku teliyani konni interesting facts and records…
1) Samarasimha Reddy’s story was written by Rajamouli’s father K.V. Vijayendra Prasad
2) First Telugu film to have a distributor share over 14 crores.
3) This regional language film broke the All-India record of ‘Hum Apke Hai Kaun’ by completing 175 days in 32 centres.
4) First south Indian film to finish 100 days in 73 centres with daily 4 shows.
5) First film to complete 100 days in 22 centres in rayalseema
6) First film to complete 175 days in 8 centres in Rayalseema with daily 4 shows
7) First film to complete 100 days in guntur in 10 centres
8) First Telugu film to run 200 days in 17 centres with daily 4 shows
9) The film had a 365-day run at one theatre.
10) It collected the highest single theatre gross at many centres. Some of the centres are given below-
- Vizag-Chitralaya 70mm-Rs. 68,84,013
- (previous highest was by Premalayam-Chitralaya 70mm-Rs. 52,67,819)
- Vijayawada-Urvasi-Rs. 71,46,464
- (previous highest was by Annamayya-Alankar-Rs. 63,02,02
- Guntur-Krishna Mahal-Rs. 48,02,605
- (previous highest was by Pelli Sandadi-Bala Bhaskar-Rs. 36,13,015)
- It had a record run at many centres. Some of the centres are given below-
- Ongole-Vijaya Durga-177
- (previous highest was by Pelli Sandadi-BVS-175)
- (previous highest was by Pelli Sandadi-Priya-175)
11) It became the fourth film to have had a 50-day run in a side theatre in Vijayawada (Sowmya-51 days). Pedarayudu, Ninne Pelladatha, Preminchukundam Raa being the other three.
12) It became the first film to have a direct 100-day run at the following centres.
- G. Mamidada
13) It became the first film to have a direct silver jubilee run at the following centres.
14) It is one of the few films that had a silver jubilee run in Gudiwada. Pelli Sandadi, Simhadri and Devadasu are the only other films which had a silver jubilee run in the town.
15) It had the second highest run in Vinukonda (72 days). Pedarayudu had a 78-day run in the town.
16) If Samarasimha Reddy’s total collections were compared with present ticket rates it’s almost equal to Rs.350 crores.