Our Indian palate always needs some masalas. We love some spice and heat in our food and we cannot do without our daily dose of herbs and spices.
Gutti Vankaya or Stuffed Brinjal is an iconic dish from the states of Andhra and Telangana. Brinjals or Egg plants are slit, and are stuffed with masalas made with ground nuts, cashews or just with onions and tomatoes. Gutti Vankaya Koora is a hassle to cook and requires many ingredients. It also takes time for preparation and cooking.
But, what if we told you that we have a recipe that does not require either?
So, here’s a simple Gutti vankaya recipe for all those lazy days. Made with minimal ingredients, it does not take time to cook this dish. Try this Gutti vakaya with Pacchi Kobbari Karam, a twist to your regular dish!
Gutthi Vankaya nacchani vaalu kuda untaara? Ayithe, mari, pachi kobbari karam toh eppudanna Gutthi Vankaya kobbari karam ni try chesara? Try cheyyandi. Bhale untundi.Follow us on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/wirallyfood/
Posted by Wirally Food on Monday, February 24, 2020
- 1 cup Dry Coconut
- 5 Green Chillies
- Coriander Leaves
- 5 Garlic Pods
- 1 tsp Cumin Seeds
- Salt (As per taste)
- 1 tsp Ghee
- Firstly, you need to make the stuffing for brinjals. Take some grated dry or pacchi coconuts, green chillies, coriander leaves, garlic cloves, cumin seeds, salt and ghee. Grind them to a fine mixture.
- Then slit the brinjals in a plus shape and fill them generously with the coconut mixture.
- Then take a pan, heat some oil and fry the brinjals. Cook them covered for 10 minutes on a low flame. Then flip the brinjals and again cook them covered for 5 minutes on a low flame.
- Toss the brinjals and simmer cook it for 3 months. Now, sprinkle a handful of water and simmer cook it for 3 minutes again.
- Finally, garnish it with coriander leaves.