If we speak about vegetables that are super versatile, the first vegetable that comes to our mind is potato. Put a potato in any dish and it will only enhance the taste is what they say and looks like we agree to the statement.
Potatoes are great for experimenting as they work with several cuisines and flavours. They are super tasty and also very nutritious. They are loaded with healthy carbs and will keep you full for a long time.
So, here are 2 dishes with Potatoes, which we love and believe you’d too.
1.Kashmiri Dum Aloo
If you are tired of your regular Potato curry and are looking for something hatke, then you must try this Kashmiri Dum Aloo curry. Spicy and full of flavours, this a treat to those who love spice and heat in their food.
Tired of eating same old potato curry every time? give Kashmiri Dum Aloo a try then!Chef – Rohith GuddetiFollow us on Instagram : http://bit.ly/2THdyUR
Posted by Wirally Food on Friday, November 8, 2019
- 250 gms Baby Potatoes
- Refined Flour
- 25 Dried Red Chillies
- 1 & ½ tsp Cumin Seeds
- 1 tsp Fennel Seeds
- 1 tsp Coriander Seeds
- 4 Cardamoms
- 1 Cinnamon
- ½ tsp Black Peppercorns
- 1 Mace
- 4 Cloves
- 1 cup Curd
- ½ tsp Dry Ginger Powder
- 1 tbsp Red Chilly Powder
- 1 tsp Turmeric Powder
- Kasuri Methi
- Salt (As per taste)
- Firstly, take Baby Potatoes in a cooker and boil them for 15 minutes. After they are boiled, peel the potatoes and make tiny holes with a fork on all the potatoes. Add refined flour to the potatoes, mix them well and keep them aside.
- Now, take dried red chillies, take the seeds off and dilute them in hot water and then strain them. Grind these red chillies to a fine paste.
- To make the masala powder, take a pan and dry roast cumin seeds, fennel seeds, cardamoms. cinnamon, black corns, mace, and cloves. Once they are roasted, grind them into a fine powder.
- Take a bowl of curd and mix a tbsp. of the red chilly paste, masala powder and dry ginger powder. Give it a nice mix. Meanwhile, take a pan and deep-fry the baby potatoes.
- Finally, take a pan, add some oil and add asafetida, red chlly powder and turmeric powder. Mix them well and add your curd mixture, potatoes and salt to it. Cook it covered for 10 minutes.
Garnish it with crushed Kasuri Methi!
One of our favourite starters has to be this delicious and spicy Aloo 65! Often we order this dish when we are eating out, but did you know that Aloo 65 can actually be made quite easily? You do not need many ingredients for it and the cooking procedure is also super simple.
ఆలూ 65 | Aloo 65 | Tasty & Simple Potato 65
Posted by Wirally Food on Saturday, December 21, 2019
- 2 cups Aloo
- 2 cups Water
- 2 tsp Wheat Flour
- 2 tsp Corn Flour
- 1 tsp Green Chillies
- 1 tsp Garlic
- 1 tsp Ginger
- Curry Leaves
- ½ cup Onions
- ½ cup Capsicums
- 1 tsp Coriander Powder
- 1 tsp Red Chilly Powder
- 1 tsp Garam Masala Powder
- Salt (As per taste)
- 2 tsp Tomato Ketchup
- 2 tsp Red Chilly Sauce
- ¼ cup Curd
- 1 tsp Food Colour (Optional)
- Coriander Leaves
- Firstly, take two cups of Aloo in a cooker along with water and salt. Boil them for 3o minutes. Once they are boiled, add wheat flour, corn flour and mix them well.
- Take a pan, add some oil and deep fry these potatoes.
- Now, in a pan add some oil. And fry green chillies, garlic, ginger, curry leaves, onions and capsicums. Once, they are cooked, add the dry masalas; coriander powder, red chilly powder, garam masala powder and salt.
- When the masalas are nicely seeped into the vegetables, add your sauces, tomato sauce, red chilly sauce and some curd. You can also add red food colour. This step is optional.
- Finally, add your fried potatoes and mix everything together. Garnish it with coriander leaves.
- Your Aloo 65 is now ready to be served.