Thalapathy Vijay, Superstar of Kollywood is all geared up for his big release in Telugu. Vijay has become one of the highest-paid actors with Varisu. More than half of the budget went to the Superstar.
Thalapathy Vijay’s much-anticipated film Varisu is all set to hit theatres this Pongal, on January 12, 2023. The film will be released in Tamil, Telugu, and Hindi.#VarisuPongal
Here are some of the interesting facts about Thalapathy’s Varisu
1. Varisu is the first Tamil film produced by Dil Raju under Sri Venkateswara Creations.
2. Vijay has received a salary of around 125 crores for Varisu. This is the highest remuneration received by a Tamil actor so far.
3. Varisu will be family-centric like most of Vijay’s films from the 1990s.
4. The film was announced as a Tamil-Telugu bilingual, recently the makers clarified that the film was shot only in Tamil.
5. Vijay’s biggest release in Telugu so far.
6. Prakash Raj collaborated with Vijay for over a decade since Villu (2009).
7. Pooja Hegde was the first choice lead actress, but ultimately decided against including her since she had previously appeared in Beast (2022) with Vijay.
8. Rashmika Mandanna is the biggest Thalapathy fan. And she has expressed her joy in working with Vijay in so many interviews. A true fan girl moment, from admiring him to acting beside him.
9. Varisu/Varasudu is Vijay-Thaman’s first collaboration.
Thaman ic composing music for Varisu and it is thier first movie together. Ranjithame Song and Thee Thalapathy song already got huge response, millions of views and trending on chartbuster playlists.
10. There were doubts over Varasudu coming to theatres for 2023 Sankranthi, as the Telugu Film Producers Council said no to dubbing films for Sankranthi. Dil Raju, in a recent interview, confirmed Varisu(Tamil)/Varasudu(Telugu) will release for 2023 Sankranti.