Andhra Pradesh located on the South Eastern Coast of India is the seventh-largest state in India by area. The state which is well known for its well-promoted tourism and its rich natural resources, temples, ancient architecture, cultural heritage, and rivers, etc also has some of the best engineering colleges.
Since there are plenty of best engineering colleges in the state we have shortlisted the top 10 best engineering colleges in Andhra Pradesh.
List of Top 10 Best Engineering Colleges in Andhra Pradesh (AP)
- KL University- Established in the year 1980, KL University college of engineering is a premier engineering institute located in Guntur, Andhra Pradesh. KL University is ranked 1st in Andhra Pradesh in engineering and management as per National Institution Ranking Framework, 2021. KL(deemed to be a university) has a record of providing 100% placements to its students. KL University offers degree and research courses in the discipline of Engineering, Architecture, Pharmacy, Commerce, Arts, etc. The institution is accredited by NAAC with A+++ Grade. The admissions at KL University are based on JEE Mains and KLEEE Examination.
- Andhra University- Andhra University is a public university located in Visakhapatnam, Andhra Pradesh. The Andhra University is accredited by NAAC with an ‘A’ grade and is recognized by UGC to award degrees to its students. The Andhra University was established by the Madras University act in 1926 as a residential teaching cum affiliated university in the entire linguistic area of Andhra. This university offers courses at postgraduate, diploma, and undergraduate levels in the fields of Science, Commerce, Engineering, Arts, Pharmacy, Law, and Education. The admission process here at Andhra University is based on JEE Mains and AUCET Examinations.
- GITAM Institute of Technology- Established in the year 1980 known as one of the best institutes for technology in Visakhapatnam, Andhra Pradesh. Gandhi Institute of Technology, Visakhapatnam is popularly known as GITAM ranked 101in the National Institution Ranking Frameworks, 2021 University Rankings is one of the top colleges in Vizag that holds a good placement record over the years. GIT offers degree and doctoral courses in the discipline of Biotechnology, Civil Engineering, Data Science, Electronics Design and Technology, and many more. Here, admissions are based on merit and the entrance test conducted by GITAM is deemed to be university.
- Sree Venkateswara University College of Engineering- Established in 1959, Sree Venkateswara University College of Engineering is ranked 63 among 850 deemed institutes of the country. SVUCE is approved by AICTE (All India Council for Technical Education) and is accredited by NAAC with an ‘A’ Grade. The college offers B.Tech and M.Tech courses across different disciplines. Admissions at SV University College of Engineering are done based on Entrance Test Scores. The college also has a dedicated training and placement cell that helps students get into some of the recruiting companies such as Wipro, TCS, Cognizant and Zoho, etc.
- Vignan’s Foundation for Science, Technology, and Research- A private University located in Guntur district, Andhra Pradesh. This university is renowned for providing quality education in a diverse and intellectually stimulating environment. It is considered one of the best engineering colleges in Andhra Pradesh. The institution is also well-known for its dedicated faculty, state of art infrastructure, and excellent placement record. Asa university is in the process of improving its standards to the level of a Global Technical Institution. The university offers multiple courses in undergraduate, postgraduate, and Research in Engineering, Science, and Management Fields. Admissions here at this university are based on entrance exams conducted at the National Level and Merit Systems.
- University College of Engineering, Kakinada, Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University, Kakinada- Established in 1946, JNTU is a public university in the East Godavari District, North of the state of Andhra Pradesh. It is one of the major universities focusing on engineering in India and is also one of the best engineering colleges in Andhra Pradesh. As per the National Institution Ranking Framework, this college has been ranked 123 in the Engineering category. The university is accredited with ‘A’ by NAAC and is recognized by the University of Grants Commission. The admissions at JNT University, Kakinada are based on JEE Mains and KLEEE Examination. The college offers both undergraduate and postgraduate courses in a wide range of fields such as chemical engineering, civil engineering, mechanical engineering, etc
- Velagapudi Ramakrishna Siddhartha Engineering College (VRSEC)- VRSEC is an autonomous institute approved by AICTE and is affiliated with JNTUK. The college is 178th in the Engineering Category in the National Institution Ranking Framework. The college offers undergraduate B.tech courses in Civil Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Electronics, and Communication Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, and many more. It also offers postgraduate M.tech courses in Geotechnical Engineering, VLSI Design, Embedded System, Computer Science and Engineering, Civil Engineering, etc. Velagapudi Ramakrishna Siddhartha Engineering College was approved by Acharya Nagarjuna University in the year 1977 to be an autonomous institution. The admissions here at VRSEC are based on JEE mains Examination.
- G Pulla Reddy Engineering College- Popularly known as GPECEC is an ISO certified Institute and oldest engineering college in Kurnool located in Andhra Pradesh. It is approved by AICTE and is affiliated with Jawaharlal Nehru Technological university, Anantapur. The college offers various fields of engineering courses at both undergraduate and postgraduate levels. As per the National Institution Ranking Framework, the G. Pulla Reddy Engineering College was ranked 190. The admissions at this college are based on the rank secured at the EAMCET exam at UG Level while on the ranks secured in GATE, PGECET at PG level. The campus also holds an excellent placement record where almost 80% of the students are placed in some of the top companies. Therefore, it is considered one of the best Engineering colleges in Andhra Pradesh.
- Sree Vidyanikethan Engineering College- SVEC is yet another best engineering college in Andhra Pradesh. It was established in 1996 by Sree Vidyanikethan education trust. SVEC is an autonomous college accredited by NAAC with an‘ A’ grade. This college offers both Undergraduate and Postgraduate courses in a wide range of fields such as civil engineering, mechanical engineering, computer science, electronics and communication engineering, etc. Admissions to this college are based on JEE mains and EAMCET examination.
- SRKR Engineering College- Sagi Ramakrishnan Raju Engineering College located in Bhimavaram, Andhra Pradesh is also one of the best engineering colleges in Andhra Pradesh. It is an autonomous private engineering college that was established in 1980. SRKR is accredited by NAAC with an ‘A’ grade and is affiliated with Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University, Kakinada. The college offers both undergraduate and postgraduate and Ph.D. courses in a wide range of fields. SRKR also holds a good placement record where almost 85% of the students are placed at top-notch companies.