Rajma or Kidney Beans is what we consume on everyday basis. And all across the country everyone enjoys Rajma. So, what are the health benefits of Rajma? Read, to find out the advantages of eating Rajma.
Rajma is rich in fibre and helps in lowering the cholesterol levels in the body. Their soluble fibres reduces the absorption of cholesterol and promotes weight loss.
2.Good for Diabetes
Rajma has a low glycemic index, which keeps the sugar content in the body balanced. And, hence is a great option for people with diabetes. But ensure, that you use less oil and cook it with only healthy ingredients.
Kidney Beans or Rajma, are supremely rich in vitamins. They are filled with vitamin B1, and contribute to cognitive functions. They ensure proper functioning of the brain and boosts memory and concentration.
4.Powerhouse of Proteins
Kidney beans are full of proteins. Infact, they are so rich in proteins, that they be used as a substitute to meat for vegetarians. Consume it with rice for a wholesome meal and this will also give you energy required for a day.
5.Helps to Relieve Asthma
Studies have proved that Magnesium is great for the body to relieve from Asthma. And, since they are rich sources of Magnesium, they help in the smooth passage in and out of the lungs. People suffering from Asthma should include Kidney beans a part of their diet.
Now, that you know the benefits, here’s a simple and easy RajmaPulao recipe for you all.
Rajma toh Pulao eppudaina try chesara? Try cheyyandi mari, bhale untundi. Follow us on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/wirallyfood/
Posted by Wirally Food on Wednesday, March 18, 2020
- 1 cup Soaked Rajma (For 8 hours)
- ½ cup Onions
- 1 Tomato
- Green Chillies
- A handful Mint leaves
- Coriander leaves
- 3 cups Water
- Cardamom, Cloves
- Bay leaf
- Star Anise
- 1 tsp Ginger-garlic paste
- 1 tspGaram Masala
- 1 tspRed Chilli Powder
- Salt (As per taste)
- Firstly, take a cooker and add three cups water to already over-night soaked Rajma, add a pinch of salt to it and cook for 4-5 whistles.
- Again, in a cooker, add oil and butter, and add cardamom, cloves, bay leaf and star anise. To this add onions and green chillies. Once the onions are cooked, add ginger-garlic paste, tomatoes and mix them well.
- Once the tomatoes are properly cooked, add salt, garam masala powder, red chilli powder and give it a nice mix. To this add boiled Rajma, mint leaves and the soaked basmati rice and mix it well.
- Add Rajma stock, coriander leaves and cook it for two whistles.
- Your RajmaPulao is now ready to be served hot.