Here is a little time travel into the lines of Rangoon. Vishal Bharadwaj is known for the spectacularly intense plot he creates for his movies. He is recipient of seven national awards. He is a film director, music composer, screenwriter, playback singer; is there anything this man cannot do?! He is now in the limelight for his love triangle, Rangoon that just got released.
Here are some things about Rangoon
1. This is a period film that depicts a love triangle during World War 2.
2. The film supposedly portrays the life and times of Mary Ann Evans aka Fearless Nadia, Bollywood’s first original stunt-woman still remembered for her fiery role in the movie Hunterwali.
3. Vishal Bharadwaj was supposed to shoot the films after his Omkara in 2006.
4. It was previously titled Julia. But the shooting stalled for unknown reasons.
5. The film’s shooting began on 18 November 2015 in Arunachal Pradesh.
6. After a few months, the shooting halted due to an injury to Shahid Kapoor and a Japanese actor.
7. This is a very unique combination of actors and supposedly a thrill too.
9. This is a very brave film not because of its budget, but because of the intensity in the plot! Vishal Bharadwaj has struggled a lot in showcasing his thoughts the way he wanted the audience to take it.
10. He believes that Rangoon is alone enough to stand against all his remaining movies.
If you haven’t watched this film so far, get going now